The railway station, Redfern

The station continues to serve as a major commuter station on the Sydney network.The passing of the Sydney Slaughterhouses Act in 1849 brought other businesses to the district. They remain the largest group of such buildings in the NSW system. Find more prominent pieces of genre painting at Wikiart.org – best visual art database. Redfern is the first station south from Central Sydney terminus on the edge of the city.



Tanners, wool scourers and wool-washers, fellmongers, boiling down works and abattoirs had ten years to move their businesses outside city boundaries. Station offices and facilities such as toilets and the main indicator boards are located next to the Lawson Street entry.
The Name The suburb is named after surgeon William Redfern, who was granted 100 acres (0.40 km2) of land in this area in 1817 by Lachlan Macquarie. Streeton's Sydney sunshine exhibition (1896)A century of Australian landscape painting: mood and moment:Two hundred years of Australian painting : Nature, people and art in the southern continent: The station was extended in 1891/92 to accommodate the quadruplication of the main suburban lines, with new platforms being built during this period (Platforms 5, 6 and 7) and again in 1919 (Platforms 8 and 9) and again in 1924/25 (Platform 10). This was installed in 1999 as part of a new overhead walkway and access stairs to each platform. This act banned abattoirs and noxious trades from the city. Some garden plantings remain but it is not maintained to a high standard.Redfern Station Upgrade - New Southern ConcourseAs at 26 June 2009, Redfern Railway Station Group is significant at a state level as a major suburban station which played an important role in the development of the surrounding residential and industrial suburbs. Railway station in Redfern, originally known as Eveleigh Station.

Redfern Station is a train station that serves the Sydney suburb of Redfern and is on the Illawarra line. The ceiling is of timber On 1 August 1926, a further two platforms opened on the southern side (9 and 10) as part of the electrification of the Redfern was the scene of the maiden trip of the first double-decker tram in 1879. Redfern Station Upgrade Sustainability Commitments (PDF, 164.07 KB) Livestream Event Audience Q&A June 2020 (PDF, 108.21 KB) EIS Newsletter Redfern Station Upgrade May 2020 (PDF, 3.32 MB) Have your say on the EIS Poster May 2020 (PDF, 403.59 KB) Redfern Station Upgrade FAQs May 2020 (PDF, 983.57 KB) Streeton's choice of modern railway subject matter and his evocative approach were influenced by French and British impressionism as well as the decorative, asymmetrical design and flattened picture plane of Japanese woodcuts.

The Syrian/Lebanese community began settling around Redfern and Redfern Railway Station is associated with engineer-in-chief of the NSW Railways, John Whitton who oversaw the development of the station towards the end of his long employment in the role.Redfern Station ticket and booking office is a rare surviving example of a Queen Anne style overhead booking office, being one of only three remaining examples on the Sydney network, Northbound view from Platform 10 in October 2011Customers one step closer to access improvements at Redfern StationAs part of the construction of the Eastern Suburbs Railway (now platforms 11 and 12), it was proposed to build up to four platforms for the underground route. The Eveleigh railway yards were located immediately south-west of the station. Redfern station is the closest station to the main campus of the University of Sydney at Camperdown and Darlington. The ticket office was located on the corner of Completed in 1979, Platforms 11 and 12 are underground, being part of the Eastern Suburbs Railway and Illawarra Line.

WikiMili. 40.8 x 61.0 cm stretcher; 63.0 x 83.0 x 5.5 cm frame In 1913 a footbridge was erected at the southern end of the platforms to allow access to the Eveleigh workshops from the station for the workers. In 1874 the station was replaced by a brick and stone structure, covering two platforms. He joined the Medical corps during WWI and was appointed as an official war artist. It is second only to the Sydney Terminal/Central complex in the number of platforms and number of trains that serve the station. Painted three years after Arthur Streeton first visited Sydney, 'The railway station, Redfern' is an atmospheric study of rain and light. 01 Sep 1943 of Redfern Railway Station and the creation of a civic space that connects Redfern Railway Station to Redfern Street, Regent Street and the ATP through well defined pedestrian and cycle linkages. "NSW Train Stations Barrier Dashboard 2004-2018"Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike LicenseAll that remains of the Cleveland Paddocks is Prince Alfred Park, where the exhibition building was erected in 1870 for an inter-colonial exhibition opened by "T2: Inner West & Leppington line timetable"The third Platform 1 building is a rectangular brick office building, completed Redfern does not have a connecting bus interchange.